Al Jazeera launches AJ+
Al Jazeera has launched AJ+, a connected global news community. With socially shareable content, AJ+ will highlight human struggles and achievements, as well as providing context on the world’s most prevalent news stories.
“AJ+ gives Al Jazeera the flexibility to innovate, grow and adjust in an era of rapid change in the news industry,” says Dr. Yaser Bishr, Director of Strategy and Development, Al Jazeera Media Network. “AJ+ is topical, direct and tonally relevant to a younger audience that relies heavily on mobile consumption and their social streams.”
AJ+ is available as a free iOS and Android app that conveys content, making the delivery and consumption of news fast, dynamic and simple. These cards are divided into the following sectors –
- Video: This section offers bite-size videos containing relevant information that is shareable.
- Debate: AJ+ enables you to vote on a certain issue, take a stand and advocate your position within the community.
- Conversation: This space dives deeper into issues, connecting you with the global community to engage and learn from one another.
- Quiz: Take a quiz and test your knowledge on issues, a novel way to explore stories.
- Art: The section is designed to highlight key points around issues, and is designed to share on local streams.
- Resource: Let AJ+ Google stories for you, this space will make your life a bit easier with links to relevant stories, articles and bits of information.
With over eight million views, AJ+ content will continue to be made available via its dedicated YouTube channel, as well as on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!